Prenatal and Postnatal Chiropractic Care
Dr. Kristine is Webster Certified by the ICPA (International Chiropractic Pediatric Association). The Webster technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment designed to locate and remove any pelvic subluxations (misalignments) that are causing interference to the normal function of the pelvic neuromusculoskeletal system. Webster is a specific chiropractic technique for pregnancy that also releases tension to the ligaments and uterus, allowing the baby to move freely and assume the best possible position for birth.
Regular chiropractic adjustments during pregnancy not only help with pain relief but also can also help ensure a safe pregnancy, more pleasant labor, and healthier birth.
BENEFITS OF PRENATAL ADJUSTMENTS INCLUDE:
- Ease of pregnancy symptoms such as back pain, nausea, pubic bone pain, and sciatica.
- Better positioning of baby for delivery. When the mom’s spine and hips are out of alignment, the baby can end up sideways, breech, or posterior, none of which are ideal for birth.
- Heightened immune system for both mom and baby to allow the body to heal itself.
- Shortened delivery. With an ideal position of the baby and the proper alignment of mom’s skeletal structure, chiropractic can help decrease the duration of labor.
- Postpartum healing. Misalignments can occur in many ways; during labor, breastfeeding posture, and carrying new little ones. Adjustments can help align the spine to give the body the best opportunity to heal itself.